nbn co national operations centre
- To rapidly develop a strategic brief and feasibility for the design of the National Operations Centre in the Digital Harbour Precinct, Docklands.
- To prepare a Project Requirements Definition, including scope, programme and budget for implementation.
- To tender design services from specialist consultants and construction under a Management Contract agreement.
- The Strategic brief set out the Critical Success Factors for the Design, as well as a preliminary schedule of spaces required based on interview and workshop outcomes.
- Test fit plans were prepared and town planning applications were implemented at the earliest time.
- The Project Requirements Definition encompassed input from all disciplines, including cost, town planning, compliance, security and engineering.
- Greater commitment to and understanding of the project vision by key stakeholders.
- Certainty with regard to scope of critical infrastructure, town planning cost and programme
- Early identification and management of project risks, including town planning, power and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Less variations during the design and construction phases, and therefore earliest completion at less cost.
- Project completed within a tight programme to quality within budget.